Outline Of Topics Covered
- What is an error proofing approach and what are the benefits?
- Sequence of conditions leading to errors and defects
- Types of inspection - source, judgment and successive
- Getting to the source of errors - root cause analysis
- Six step approach to effective mistake proofing
- Controlling variation with settings
- Error proofing principles and examples
- Error proofing devices and sensors
- Creating a favorable culture and environment for error proofing
- Applying error proofing to specific, existing problems (including establishing exit criteria)
Who Should Attend?
Personnel directly involved in the process; including operators, maintenance, quality, materials management, engineering, design and production.
Benefits Of Attending
- Learn how to effectively implement error proofing
- Reduced defects, scrap, rework, spills and associated losses such as containment and warranty cots
- Prevent errors permanently
Root cause analysis, problem solving and FMEA knowledge is an asset.
Please Note: This workshop can only be conducted onsite at the customers location, as it involves shop floor exercises.