Outline Of Topics Covered
- What is an error proofing approach and what are the benefits?
- Sequence of conditions leading to errors and defects
- Types of inspection - source, judgment and successive
- Getting to the source of errors - root cause analysis
- Six step approach to effective mistake proofing
- Controlling variation with settings
- Error proofing principles and examples
- Error proofing devices and sensors
- Creating a favorable culture and environment for error proofing
- Applying error proofing to specific, existing problems (including establishing exit criteria)
Who Should Attend?
Personnel directly involved in the process; including operators, maintenance, quality, materials management, engineering, design and production.
Benefits Of Attending
- Learn how to effectively implement error proofing
- Reduced defects, scrap, rework, spills and associated losses such as containment and warranty cots
- Prevent errors permanently
Root cause analysis, problem solving and FMEA knowledge is an asset.
Please Note: This workshop can only be conducted onsite at the customers location, as it involves shop floor exercises.
“Your trainer’s professionalism and knowledge helped us all, and his teaching style is world class. He used past experiences to connecting the dots to the standard, which not only helped the class to understand the standard but created a fun learning atmosphere.
We found the course material (for IATF) world class and very helpful. The exam was also comprehensive and very fair. I look forward to future collaborations between our Companies."
Corporate Manager for Supplier Development
Automotive Tier 1 Supplier