Effective Product Launch (EPL)
Outline Of Topics Covered
- What is an error proofing approach and what are the benefits?
- Sequence of conditions leading to errors and defects
- Types of inspection - source, judgment and successive
- Getting to the source of errors - root cause analysis
- Six step approach to effective mistake proofing
- Controlling variation with settings
- Error proofing principles and examples
- Error proofing devices and sensors
- Creating a favorable culture and environment for error proofing
Applying error proofing to specific, existing problems (including establishing exit criteria)
Who Should Attend?
- APQP cross-functional team members (anyone in an ISO/TS 16949 environment). Each department must have an individual capable of participating in the process.
- Engineering (Design/Process/Quality), Manufacturing, Quality, Facilities, Supplier Quality
Benefits Of Attending
- Save time (organized program development)
- Promote effective communication between departments (avoid misunderstandings)
- Provide a framework for continuous improvement through feedback assessment and corrective action (save money and time)
- Avoid Customer complaints and disruptions and costly containment activities
This course is designed to be delivered onsite at your location in order to incorporate your designs and manufacturing processes into the workshops. Participants will require access to drawings, specifications, test methods and the shop floor.