Applying SPC Tools
Outline Of Topics Covered
- What is attribute and variable data?
- What are special characteristics?
- What are the key components of effectively applied SPC?
- Applying SPC problem solving and diagnostic tools
- How to determine where to apply SPC
- Assessing process capability
- Troubleshooting incapable/unstable processes
- Effective control chart application
- Interpreting control charts
- Applying SPC in short-run environments
- Focusing on controlling/error proofing process inputs
- Assessing SPC effectiveness
- Developing a client specific SPC application plan
Who Should Attend?
Personnel directly involved in process control, including Production Managers/Supervisors, SPC coordinators, process engineers, Quality personnel, operators and maintenance.
Benefits Of Attending
- Effective application of SPC techniques
- Greater consistency, control and capability of key processes
- Greater understanding, credibility and ‘buy-in’ when applying SPC
- Higher quality, fewer defects from a more preventive versus reactive approach
A fundamentally sound knowledge of mathematics is required.
Please Note: This workshop can only be conducted on site at the customers location, as it involves shop floor exercises.